Hyderabad youth dies after electric wire falls on him

Hyderabad


Hyderabad, June 25 : A youth was electrocuted after a live wire snapped and fell on him here, sources said on Saturday. The incident occurred in Bholakpur area of the city on Friday night. The teenager was riding a motorbike. According to police, the wire got entangled into a DCM van and snapped. The live wire fell on the youth who was riding the two-wheeler behind the van. The boy died on the spot. He was identified as Mohammed Sameer. He was son of a samosa seller Mohammed Qadeer. Sameer was returning home after collecting dues from some hotels for samosas supplied by his father. Local residents alleged that negligence by the electricity authorities led to the tragedy. Musheerabad police registered a case and took up investigation. /IANS




Related

8 migrants dead as boat sinks off Tunisia's coast
Tunis, Aug 11 : Eight migrants died and two remain missing after a boat carrying 30 migrants sank off the Kerkennah Islands near the southeast coast o

Cuba makes progress in controlling fuel farm fire
Havana, Aug 11 : Specialists and firefighters from Cuba, Mexico and Venezuela are making progress in controlling the fire at a fuel storage facility i

4 killed as car overturns after tyre-burst in Telangana
Hyderabad, Aug 10 : Four persons were killed and three others injured in a road accident in Telangana's Nizamabad district on Wednesday. The acc