New Delhi, Aug 13 : A fire broke out at the Gandhi Nagar market in the national capital on Tuesday. Twenty-one fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. There were no reports of any injury, fire officials said.
According to a senior fire department official, they received a call at 7.43 a.m about the blaze at a garment shop in lane number 2 of the Gandhi Nagar market.
“Initially 10 fire tenders were rushed. But after seeing the intensity of the blaze, we had to press another 11 fire tenders,” the fire official said.
“The fire was brought under control in a couple of hours. It was caused by electric spark in wires at the garment shop,” Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Siddharth Jain told IANS.