Mumbai, March 11 : Bollywood celebrities like Lata Mangeshkar and Hema Malini, strong supporters of BJP congratulated the party for its sweep in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand assembly elections. AAP supporter and music composer Vishal Dadlani said the fight for a better India must continue.
Here’s what the celebrities had to say:
Lata Mangeshkar: Namaskar. Aadarniya Narendra Modi-ji , Amit Shah-ji aur BJP ke sabhi karyakartaon ko is shaandaar jeet ki bahut badhaai.
* Hema Malini: Modiji’s unquestioned leadership, strong decision making and personal charisma combined with Amit Shahji’s planned strategy have contributed to victory. When I went on the campaign trail, thousands came to the meetings — there was a total Modi surge, demand for ‘vikaas’ everywhere and hope that only BJP can deliver.
* Madhur Bhandarkar: There cannot be a better birthday gift then such a fabulous mandate. Congratulations and Happy Birthday Amarinder Singh. Punjab. Election 2017.
* Shekhar Suman: Modi sweeps India. invincible… Bravo. Victory of Modi is victory of the poor. Victory of the masses. Hail Modi.
* Vishal Dadlani: Congratulations, Narendra Modi and Amit Shah. I expected a strong BJP showing in UP, but this is above and beyond even that. No competition.
Neither defeat nor victory change the objective, or the reason for the struggle. We just have to keep working for a better India… Elections come and go. India is forever, India is not any party. India is all of us, together.
* Hansal Mehta: What a win for BJP in Uttar Pradesh! Many did not see writing on the wall. 2019 is sealed… Here’s hoping this sweep is good for the country. The victory for BJP is great but it is a pity that a decent opposition is non-existent. Does not bode well.
Regulation not control. Efficiency not corruption. Respect not division. Art not propaganda. Governance not dictatorship. Peace not hatred… Regional parties are getting defunct. People are voting for national parties and more importantly voting for a national leader.
Time to review the parliamentary system and to perhaps move towards presidential system. I think the media’s predictions went wrong because they’ve continued to overestimate the complexity of the electorate. Times have changed.
* Kunal Kohli: Biggest loser in all elections? Exit polls. 650 seats in 4 states were counted faster than 40 seats in Goa. What’s The Rush. I love Goa. Goa is chilled.